Clinical Investigation Expert
Wiebe Postma, PhD
Wiebe is part of the Clinical Affairs team, his area of expertise is in Clinical Strategy development, Clinical Evaluation, and Clinical Investigation.
His main activities are setting up international clinical operations and study management for all device classes under the Medical Device Regulation, with a focus on non-active high-risk devices.
Wiebe held a number of clinical positions in the Medical device industry. Wiebe holds 5 years of experience in Medical Device industries, specifically in Ophthalmology and Orthopedics. In his last position, Wiebe was responsible for clinical affairs at a large orthopedic manufacturer. He designed, managed, analyzed and reviewed several clinical studies.
Wiebe performed, as CRA, and coordinated the Clinical Monitoring process in compliance with GCP to assess the safety and efficacy of medical devices. As a junior expert, Wiebe has experience in planning and preparing clinical trials and development and review of study protocols, ICFs, CRFs, EC/IRB and regulatory submission.
The key expertise areas of Wiebe include:
- Prepare clinical strategies from a regulatory perspective.
- Clinical site assessment, qualification, selection, oversight, and close-out.
- Contract Research Organization management.
- Monitoring/auditing at (international) sites.
- Development of clinical study documentation and protocols.
- Study management of pre-and post-market trials.
- Risk and quality management during product development.
- Experience with multiple clinical management and QA systems, like CTMS, eTMF, LMS and QMS systems.
Wiebe has a MSc in Immunology and a PhD in Molecular biology. Wiebe combines strong experience in clinical research on an operational and managerial level with a practical, result-driven approach. He has acted as CRA and clinical study manager for a range of indications mostly in the field of orthopedic, ophthalmology, hematology, oncology diseases.